Applying as a Transfer Student for Fall 2015
Berea encourages the application of transfer students who have achieved at least a minimum college GPA of 2.5. The average successful transfer applicant to Berea College has a college GPA of 3.25. Students with less than a 2.5 college GPA in the last 24 hours of college credit are ineligible for admission to Berea College.
Applying for Fall 2015 Admission
The deadline for completed applications from transfer students has passed. Incomplete applications as of April 1 will be denied admission. Berea College does not offer Spring or Summer admission to transfer students.
Required Application Materials
The transfer application deadline for Fall 2015 has passed. The application will reopen this summer to allow students to apply for Fall 2016.
Additional Information for Transfer Students
Students who have attempted college-level coursework must have official copies of all transcripts sent to the Admissions Office, even if you do not wish to transfer the credit. Failure to report previous college-level work may affect a pending offer of admission. In no case is any student who has earned an undergraduate degree eligible for admission.
Credit is awarded for every college-level course completed at a regionally accredited institution with a grade of C or better provided the work has been completed within ten years from the date you plan to begin study at Berea College. Credits earned as part of a certificate program are not transferrable.
Semester or quarter hours will be translated to Berea credits using the following conversion:
1 Berea Credit = 4 Semester Hours
1 Berea Credit = 6 Quarter Hours
Though courses may not yield one full credit, they may still be eligible to meet requirements. To be eligible to meet requirements, a course must bear at least 3 semester hours or 4.5 quarter hours.
Additional Information for KCTCS Students
On April 6, 2010 Berea College signed a Memorandum of Agreement with the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) regarding the transfer of students from the following KCTCS schools to Berea:
- Ashland Community & Technical College
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College
- Bluegrass Community & Technical College
- Bowling Green Technical College
- Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
- Gateway Community & Technical College
- Hazard Community & Technical College
- Henderson Community College
- Hopkinsville Community College
- Jefferson Community & Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Maysville Community & Technical College
- Owensboro Community & Technical College
- Somerset Community College
- Southeast Kentucky Community & Technical College
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College