Applying for Admission as an International Student
Berea College is committed to enrolling bright, deserving, international students and providing them with the financial means of obtaining a college education.Berea College is currently accepting applications for the Fall 2013 term. In order to be considered by our International Admissions Decision Committee for the Fall 2013 Term , completed application packets must be received in the Berea College Office of Admissions no later than January 15, 2013.
Applicants must mail the completed application forms and all other components of the application process in one packet (test scores, high school records, recommendations, etc.). Be sure to read ”Information on Submitting the International Application for Admission and Scholarship” for more information.
Required Application Materials
A complete application packet for an international applicant with no transfer credit consists of:
- An “International Application for Admission and Scholarship” form including a personal essay.
- A completed Financial Questionnaire
- Official secondary school records and leaving exam results
- Official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT I
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
- One Financial Reference Form
- Optional Financial Circumstances Form
Applications from international applicants are considered only for the fall term of each year. International admission decisions for fall are made in March and all applicants should be notified of their status by letter and email (if available) by April 15.