Applying for Admission as an International Student
Berea College is committed to enrolling bright, deserving, international students and providing them with the financial means of obtaining a college education.
Applicants must mail the completed application forms and all other components of the application process in one packet (test scores, high school records, recommendations, etc.). International students cannot apply online. The final deadline for international applications is January 15, 2015. Please note that application packets must be received by that date in order to be considered for admission.
Required Application Materials
Please Read the International Application Instructions before proceeding with the international application.
The complete International Application packet with instructions can be downloaded here.
A complete application packet for an international applicant with no transfer credit consists of:
- A completed International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- The International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT I.
- Official secondary school records.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- A completed International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- The International Financial Recommendation form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
Applications from international applicants are considered only for the fall term of each year. International admission decisions for fall are made in March and all applicants should be notified of their status by letter and email (if available) by April 15.