Applying as a New Freshman
Berea College is now accepting applications for Fall Term 2014. A complete application for admission to Berea includes the following components:
- Berea College Application for Admission and Scholarship (online form or PDF)
- An interview.
- Two Evaluation and Endorsement Forms (online form or PDF), each from a former teacher, principal, or other school administrator or community leader (unless applicant has not recently been enrolled, in which case, Evaluation and Endorsement forms from professionals in non-educational fields and/or other community leaders will be accepted). Please note that general recommendations submitted on letterhead or in other forms will not fulfill this requirement, but will be included in the student’s application file.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation Form
- Financial information in the form of the 2013-2014 Financial Resource Questionnaire.
- Official high school transcript
- Official ACT or SAT I scores
- Proof of Non-Citizen Eligibility Status
- The personal statement is optional for all applicants, but we strongly encourage those who have experienced obstacles or adversity to submit this document. (Please be sure to include your name and date of birth on each page.) If you choose to submit a personal statement, please write an essay (approximately 250-500 words) on a topic of your choice that describes significant accomplishments and/or challenges you have overcome and your motivations to do so. Please remember this statement allows us to better understand you as a student and as a person, apart from your grades, test scores, and other quantitative data.
- Home School Supplement Form (for home-schooled students only)
Be sure to read “Admission Requirements” before submitting an application.
Deadlines for Applications
It is advisable to apply early, as admission becomes increasingly competitive closer to the final deadline.
- Priority #1 Deadlines for New Freshmen: October 31, 2013
- Priority #2 Deadline for New Freshmen: February 28, 2014
- Final Deadline: April 30, 2014