Applying as a Former Student
Those who have previously attended Berea as degree-seeking students and who wish to return must apply for readmission. Applicants should be aware that readmission to the College is a highly competitive process and successful candidates are usually those students who left Berea College in good standing and, in many cases, for reasons beyond their control.
All others are encouraged to first attend another regionally accredited institution and present grades that demonstrate both seriousness of purpose and a promising level of academic achievement.
Because a change in your financial situation since your previous enrollment may affect your ability to qualify to attend Berea, you must submit a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Required Application Materials
In order to be considered for readmission to Berea College, you will need to submit the following components:
- A completed application (online or PDF).
- Financial information in the form of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Statement(s) of Good Standing from all institutions attended previously
- Official college transcript(s) for coursework completed since leaving Berea. These should be sent directly to the Berea College Office of Admissions from each institution you are attending or have attended since leaving Berea. You may use the optional College Transcript Request Form.
Deadlines for Applications
- Fall Term: March 31
- Spring Term: October 31
- All Summer Terms: March 31
- Summer I (4 week)
- Summer I (8 week)
- Summer II (4 week)