Applying for Admission as an International Student
Berea College is committed to enrolling bright, deserving, international students and providing them with the financial means of obtaining a college education.
Berea College is no longer accepting applications for the Fall Term 2013. The application for the Fall 2014 Term will be available in June 2013 along with detailed information on submitting an application.
Applicants must mail (not email) the completed application forms and all other components of the application process in one packet (test scores, high school records, recommendations, etc.). Submitting application components in one email is not accepted.
Required Application Materials
A complete application packet for an international applicant with no transfer credit consists of:
- An “International Application for Admission and Scholarship” form including a personal essay.
- A completed “Financial Questionnaire.”
- Official secondary school records and leaving exam results
- Official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT I
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
One “Financial Reference Form.”
Applications from international applicants are considered only for the Fall Term of each year. International admission decisions for fall are made in March and all applicants should be notified of their status by letter and email (if available) by April 15.