Applying as a High School Senior / Non-Traditional Student
For high school seniors and non-traditional students wishing to apply:
- Complete the Berea College Application for Admission and Scholarship (online form or PDF). There is no fee to apply to Berea.
- Schedule an appointment for your personal interview.
- Two Evaluation and Endorsement Forms (online form or PDF), each from a former teacher, principal, or other school administrator or community leader (unless applicant has not recently been enrolled, in which case, Evaluation and Endorsement forms from professionals in non-educational fields and/or other community leaders will be accepted). Please note that general recommendations submitted on letterhead or in other forms will not fulfill this requirement, but will be included in the student’s application file.
- Guidance Counselor Form
- Financial information in the form of the Berea College Financial Resource Questionnaire (FRQ).
- Official high school transcript
- Official ACT or SAT I scores
- The personal statement is optional for all applicants, but we strongly encourage those who have experienced obstacles or adversity to submit this document. (Please be sure to include your name and date of birth on each page.) If you choose to submit a personal statement, please write an essay (approximately 250-500 words) on a topic of your choice that describes significant accomplishments and/or challenges you have overcome and your motivations to do so. Please remember this statement allows us to better understand you as a student and as a person, apart from your grades, test scores, and other quantitative data.